Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dreams for my son.

I keep holding out in my heart that we can all some how help Nevin become "normal". I had my heart broken tonight when I realized something. That is not the goal I should have for my son.  So many people get caught up in the image of what he should be. He needs his mommy and daddy to love him for what he is allready being. Between a few documentaries tonight and bath time for Nevin I found my self questioning the methodes that we have used. I have been so busy trying to get him into our world when I should be working to become part of his. So setting besides the bathtub tonight blowing bubbles I felt my heart drop and then rise with joy. I let my self get caught up in the bubbles with him. It was fun and we played together with the bubbles for 20 mins or so.

We were watching one film and the mom kept saying that " she felt like everything she did she had to save his life". I realized how much am I missing out on a wonderful little boy by trying to safe his life. Tomarrow I'm going to start doing research. If it is out there I will learn it. My son deserves no less from me. I have to keep telling my self that all that matters is him being happy with his life.

Well its good night again from this dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment